Monday 10 August 2020

The Blackbird has Flown!

Well, after an exceptionally long writing period, I'm pleased to finally announce the publication of The Lost Blackbird.

During the latter half of the 20th century, many British parents who were struggling financially, were offered the chance of a better life for their children by sending them to populate the colonies. Some parents, however, were not even asked permission, their children being shipped across the world without their consent or even knowledge.


Supposedly going to a better life, these children –– some as young as three-years-old –– suffered many forms of terrible abuse.

The Lost Blackbird is a work of fiction but it reflects the harsh reality of child migration. In my fictional characters, I hope to have captured –– apart from their sadness, losses and grief –– some joy and hope for the future. 


The Lost Blackbird is on the new-release PROMO price of only £1.99/$2.99 for a limited time only.

If you do read The Lost Blackbird, I’d really like to hear what you thought of it; I love hearing from readers!

Get your copy of The Lost Blackbird E-book HERE.

Or, read The Lost Blackbird for free if you have Kindle Unlimited.

The Paperback version will be available shortly. 


Sign up for new book releases and receive a FREE copy of Friends & Other Strangers, my award-winning collection of Australian short stories.

If you enjoy my books, follow me on BOOKBUB, where you can receive free recommendations for all genres of books.

No comments: